Don’t be a jerk to other players, don’t cheat, and you’ll be fine.
While these may seem like a lot of rules, they each have their purpose and help keep the server running smoothly. If you are confused about any of them, please do not hesitate to make a post in the forums or ask a member of our staff ingame. Please also note that these rules are subject to change and it is your responsibility to occasionally check them. Also note that the staff maintains the right to make judgement calls on situations not covered by these rules.
– this is a server for all ages, so please keep everything you build, say and do PG.
– If you break the rules, you risk getting kicked, muted or banned. Some rules have other consequences as described below. If you want a punishment lifted you need to appeal on the forum.
– If you see other players breaking rules, please report it on the forum. For staff to do ANYTHING about issues that get reported (in chat or on the forum), there must be evidence that something happened (such as screenshots, chat logs or videos). Without evidence, staff will not attempt to resolve disagreements between players.
– General rule to play by: Don’t do/say anything that you wouldn’t want people to do/say to you.
– If you exploit loopholes in the rules to cause trouble despite being warned by staff, you can still get in trouble when the rules are updated to close the loophole.
– Public chat (Global, Trade) is moderated according to this rules page. Private channels, messages and party chat are not moderated by staff, but players can report rules being broken there too.
– Treat everyone with respect ingame and in chat.
– Do not swear in public chat. This includes abbreviations containing swear words or messages like “****” or “#@!%” which can be read as cursing. Swear words will be automatically replaced with *’s, indicating that they are not allowed.
– No racist, pornographic, drug related, political, or religious talk in public chat.
– Do not spam public chat. This includes excessive caps, repeated messages, excessive short messages (such as countdowns) and character spam (such as “noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”).
– Use channels correctly (eg Trade channel is ONLY for trade-related chat).
– Minechat is NOT allowed for chatting. It can only be used for teleporting out of nether portals if you are stuck.
– Only English is allowed in public chat channels (Global, Trade, Auction). You are more than welcome to speak whatever language you want in private chat/channels.
– Do not advertise other servers. Not only is it rude, but it will get you banned.
– Do not threaten to hack, DOS, DDOS or otherwise attack the server or other players. You will be banned permanently even if you meant it as a joke.
– If a player name violates chat rules, the account will be banned.
– Players with inappropriate names or names that mimic staff names (such as SpaceBugg or 10_becja) will be banned until they change their name.
– Do not use any form of minecraft exploit. This includes duplication glitches. If you use an exploit, you will be permanently banned. Always tell staff if you have found a bug/exploit.
– Do not use mods/clients that give you an advantage over others. If you are caught doing so, you will be permanently banned. The only allowed mods are mods such as optifine, tabbychat or minimaps (as long as they don’t show the location of other players). If you are unsure if a mod is allowed, ask staff before using it.
– Cheating the AFK kicker is not allowed. This includes using afk pools/carts/mobs, rejoin scripts or leaving a weight on the keyboard. Trying to cheat the AFK kicker will get you banned.
– Do not use multiple accounts to keep chunks loaded while you play. If you do so you risk both accounts getting banned.
– Use of ANY scripting/macros is not allowed.
– You are responsible for your own account. If your friend, family, etc logs in and is caught breaking rules, it is your problem.
– The server will not reimburse items lost in crashes/rollbacks or from lag. All public servers are vulnerable to crashes/lag and it can happen to anyone.
– Do not scam other players in any way. If you do so and they report you, you risk getting a [Scammer] tag.
– Do not construct offensive builds ingame. This includes but is not limited to inappropriate body parts, swastikas or offensive words on signs or made out of blocks.
– PvP is enabled for all players in the nether and end. Players can toggle PvP mode for themselves in the overworld. Players in PvP mode will not be able to fight in claims unless PvP has been enabled for the claim.
– If you enable PvP mode for yourself or go to areas where PvP is enabled, you risk getting killed. Do not complain if this happens.
– If you are killed, do not ask staff to get your items or XP back. You will be told no.
– Do not harass other players. Harassment is killing a player around their own claim when it is not wanted more than 5 times, or the player loses their head, whichever happens first. The player must make it clear that the PvP is unwelcome in global chat. (example: “I don’t want to pvp you (attacking player). Go away”). The claim must also be an “established” claim, meaning that it contains significant structures or items that the owner built and that are important to them.
– Do not use /tpa to teleport to people you do not know and trust. If you do, and the person kills you, staff will not intervene and any reports will be ignored/deleted. Only teleport to people you know to be trustworthy. If you are teleporting to make a trade or something similar, use /spawn, and go to a neutral place such as a shop.
– Traps in or around public areas are not allowed. Public areas include but are not limited to: shops (not necessarily your own), public xp farms, and public roads. Using any method to kill players in public areas will result in a ban.
– Traps around home claims (if they are not near public areas) are allowed. This includes dumping lava on people and setting them of fire, but NOT enderpearling, etc. However, tricking/leading people into claims just to trap them and combat tag/kill them is NOT allowed. Claims are seen as safe places and are not to be used to kill. If you want to kill someone do it in unclaimed land and pvp them normally.
– Enderpearling, snowballing fishrodding, egging, etc is not allowed ANYWHERE and will get you banned. Friends may enderpearl, etc. each other if all are in agreement. However, you risk getting in trouble if your friend decides to report you, so it is suggested that you just don’t enderpearl, etc. at all.
– Automated farms, animal farms and large crop farms are not allowed in shop world (spawn world, plot world). A few animals are allowed for decoration. Any plot with more than 81 (a 9×9 area) crop blocks or loads of animals will be reset.
– To remove someone from your claim, simply do /eject. If you are ejected from a claim, you are unwelcome there so don’t immediately enter it again.
– Dumping lava/setting fire to people is only allowed in your personal claims. You are not allowed to do it in claims you only have trust to.
– If you give someone trust to your claim and they grief or steal items, blocks or animals, staff will not reimburse or return the stolen items. Only allow people you trust to have access to your claims.
– Griefing and stealing from claims is not allowed. Do not trick people into trusting you on a claim so that you can grief/raid it.
– Claims will be protected for 30 days. If you do not login within that time, you risk having your claim deleted. After 30 days, other players can request to have your claim removed. Note that if a claim is removed, the area will be restored to it’s natural state. You don’t get the buildings to raid, just the land. After three months of inactivity, claims will be automatically removed even if no one requested it. Note that some claims can be protected for longer than 30 days, but this is strictly at the discretion of the staff.
– Do not use claims to harass others. This includes making small empty claims or building claimed walls, pits, lava flows or other obstacles around other claims. It also includes claiming unclaimed land in the middle of someone else’s land.
– Do not grief unclaimed land directly around other player’s claims. Yes it’s unclaimed, but if what you are doing is obviously grief or intended to annoy or hinder the claim owner, you will get in trouble. The exact distance from a claim that constitutes claim griefing is determined at the discretion of the staff for each individual case.
– Players can use the command /co i to check who placed or removed blocks, so it’s very easy to find out who griefed something and griefers WILL get caught.
– All person-to-person trades (drop trades) are done at the risk of the player. If you are scammed or someone else picks up your items, staff will not reimburse either your items or your money. Simply make a trade sign for high value transactions. Example here: (link to trade sign tutorial).
– Pay attention when bidding on an auction, and when using the /bid buy command. Use /auc info to check exactly what kind of item is being auctioned. If you bid too much on an auction it’s your problem. The seller is not obliged to give your money back and staff will not intervene. That said, if you are found to be doing many scam auctions you risk losing your auction privileges and/or getting a [Scammer] tag.
– Do not abuse the ability to cancel auctions. You are not allowed to cancel auctions simply because the bidding did not reach the value you wanted. If there is a particular price you will not sell below, start the auction at that price. The cancel command is intended for if you auctioned the wrong item or wrong amount. If you are found to be abusing the cancel command, you risk losing your auction privileges.
– Do not auction anything inappropriate (eg. renaming items into anything that violates the chat rules, such as drugs and drug paraphernalia). You will be banned.
– Do not use auctions to circumvent being muted. You will stay muted and also lose your auction privileges.
– Post topics in appropriate threads. For example, filing a report on a player should go in the ‘Report a player’ thread.
– Read and follow the posting guidelines pinned in each thread. Reports and appeals that do not follow the correct formats will be ignored or denied.
– Do not spam the forums with posts, especially for ban appeals. If you need to make a mute/ban appeal, post it, then be patient. It will be processed when we have a chance. Spamming appeals not only will get you in more trouble, but will likely cause the duration of your ban to last longer.
– Do not “tattle” on other players if you were not directly involved. For example, if you see two people enderpearling each other, but neither of them shows any sign of wanting to report, then do not make a post about it.
– Do not “resurrect” dead posts. If a post is more than a 3-4 weeks old, it is considered dead, and your post will simply be deleted unless your post adds significant value to the thread.
– The chat rules apply for the forums as well (eg. Language, advertising other minecraft servers, etc)
Last Update: Jan 13, 2018