Should the SMP map have a reset?
- Yes, I want a brand new map! (63%, 12 Votes)
- No, I want to keep this one (37%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 19
March 12, 2016
i would like to suggest a world reset, every time we reset the world we have a surge in players coming back. one thing i would like to be addressed is the pvp. i would like pvp to stay on, but with one change. if you get killed in pvp the only thing you drop is your head. we had alot of players quit do to a few bad apples (we all know who they were). or we could have it where you drop your head and $1000 or $2000. oh and one more thing i would like to go back to the wild west spawn, with the portals to biomes added in.
please comment i want to know how everyone else feels about this.
April 5, 2016
March 12, 2016
May 15, 2014
!!!DISCLAIMER: The following statements are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my fellow staff members or the server in a whole!!!
I have been playing on Spacebug SMP since the beginning and I used to dread the shear mention of "world reset" - irregardless as to if such was used jokingly, in a literal sense, or otherwise. However, within this world, I have not experienced that same sensation. Perhaps such is on account of my comparatively low play time, rapid completion of "big projects", or the changes to the game itself. No matter what the cause, I have found myself almost craving a world reset at this point - simply to be re-engaged with the server, to try new strategies, and not to be able to do everything with ease (even if only for a short while). Now, like many others, I don't enjoy having my hours/days/weeks of work to be suddenly zipped up in a bag, but I have noticed that one can only go so long until becoming fatigued with the same world - even when undertaking engaging projects. For me, this numbing fatigue has hit a month or two ago but I have stuck around (even if only on occasion) simply for the community. But, if other members are experiencing this same sensation, such interaction drastically declines. Overall, I am not necessarily enthralled with the concept of a world reset, but I personally believe that is time for such an action.
Have a wonderful day!
The above message might contain the opinions of Blob, who's statements may or may not be approved by the United Confederation of Blobs, who is to be taken seriously at one's own discretion. You have been warned.
October 1, 2017
well yeah, I agree. I have only been on this server for maybe a month now and I feel like all the 'important' structures and that have already been raided and loads claimed already. I feel like a reset would be great because even though you lose all your stuff and projects a world reset would be cool so then we have a fresh world.
November 1, 2017
To be 100% honest, the idea of a reset freaks me out*, but I also see it being a good thing. A clean world, everybody starting off on the same foot or whatever. I think it'd be really cool, and I can see it being much needed if you've been around for a while. And I love the PVP/head idea!
*I'm fairly new to the server so I haven't had time to get everything set up and get bored, lol! And I get super attached to my lil homes (even if I haven't had it long) :p!
October 7, 2013
You all know me as Muchashca now, just to clarify that.
I'd be in favor of a world reset as well - it would be a good opportunity to attract new players to the server, as well as a chance to change a few things functionally.
For context, I have a degree in Game Design, and have worked for a handful of game studios. I'm not a game designer, and am actually working in film now, but nonetheless have a pretty decent grasp of how to make a game enjoyable. From playing on the server for years, I have a few ideas that may be helpful.
In general, a successful, long-term minecraft server follows similar game design rules as an mmo. A few important ones might be:
- Activites that yield progress should be activities that players enjoy. In traditional MMOs, these activities might be Raids, Dungeons, Minigames, or PVP, in contrast to less enjoyable but rewarding activities like grinding for exp. In minecraft, activities that players enjoy might be Exploration, Mining, PVP, or Building. These activities, as well as any others that players prefer, should be made rewarding and move the player towards overall success on the server, such as becoming optimal ways to gain claimblocks or money. This would also require removing farms as a method of gaining money or claimblocks, they're simply not an engaging form of playing the game, and building them isn't generally enjoyable.
- Consistent play should be rewarded. Gaining claimblocks for being logged in is an example of this that we already have. Daily login rewards are another example of this, as well as activities that are very rewarding for the time invested, but can only be done once a day. An simple implementation of this would be to reward the player with an exponential number of claimblocks for each day of the month they log on. If the equation we use for this is increasing the claimblocks awarded by 1 plus the number awarded on the previous day, a 30 day month would award a total of 4960 blocks, most of those right at the end of the month if the player logs on every day. That could be increased, decreased, or normalized for months with more or fewer days.
- (For servers with a decent player base) The economy should be player driven. This is usually implemented in MMOs as an auction house or item exchange system where items that are common or easy to obtain become cheap, while those that are rare or difficult to obtain become valuable, based on what players are willing to pay. This work take some work, but could be implemented into the current /sell hand system, where any items sold are sold to an exchange where they could then be purchased by other players. The more there are, the less the exchange buys them for, but the less players can buy them for as well. This would conveniently push profitable activities towards harvesting things that are in demand and away from massive farms.
Some of those are easy to implement, some would take a fair amount of coding, and some would shift the server quite a bit. I have a lot of other ideas, but this post is getting long already. In addition to the PVP change Evil suggests, which I support, it might be a good idea to turn pvp to more of a dueling system - when the first attack lands on a player, no damage is dealt. Instead, a message is seen by both players stating that they're locked in a duel, and five seconds later damage is enabled. This turns it into more of a fight and less of assassination on unprepared targets. Preventing items from being lost in PVP would also allow players to more readily use their good items.
December 7, 2013
June 13, 2013
Apologies for not commenting on this sooner.
My "official" response is that I currently don't have plans to reset the map. However if enough of the active players want one, I'm fine with doing so. I'll create a vote on the server later this week and people can vote for whether they want a reset or not.
September 29, 2013
April 15, 2014
so it looks like an update was recently announced , seems like a good idea to wait until that drops before the world reset. I bet some people might have voted differently if the news of the update was out when they voted? maybe?
The "Update Aquatic" was announced yesterday. There is no release date announced yet. All we know is that it will be sometime "Next Year". Since 1.13 and 1.14 are going to dramatically alter game mechanics and some of the code our plugins rely on, I imagine its going to take some time to get everything up to date. The Update Aquatic will focus on water and ocean-related content. Underwater plants, coral blocks, fish mobs, tridents; dolphins, shipwrecks, icebergs, more trapdoor variants, texture updates, and more button variants have been confirmed. There's also a new flying manta-ray-like monster that will spawn at high altitudes and hunt down players who haven't slept for a while.
1.14 info: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/everything-announced-minecon-earth
1.13 info: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-17w45a
New Monster: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/meet-mob-b
Most Users Ever Online: 147
Currently Browsing this Page:
[Helper] gregomassi: 171
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:Pyrocytic, DaldGG, Masaia_US, PrettySpence, kerser, Gummy__, grungygobblin9, SIMON57500, NeverForPeace, LuisBonger
Moderators: [Mod] Justywusty87: 365, [Mod] The_Marauder: 275, [Helper] TheBugBread: 46, [Helper] Blobuscus: 198, [Mod] RKKC: 228
Administrators: [Owner] Spacebug: 593, [Admin] 10becja: 1878