SMPWorld 1 (2014) Download Inside and a Tribute to Spacebug SMP | Forum | Spacebug Minecraft Server

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
SMPWorld 1 (2014) Download Inside and a Tribute to Spacebug SMP
January 4, 2020
4:04 am
llMrXll
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi everyone,

Minecraft's recent resurgence of popularity has triggered my nostalgia for the good ol' glory days of Minecraft back in 2013. I remembered loading up Minecraft for the first time and playing around in creative and Hunger Games before stumbling upon Spacebug SMP. Funny enough the first time I joined I got stuck in a horse pen near the SW portal and couldn't get out until a few days later when I discovered tp commands to spawn. After that I went through the SE portal and explored all the shops near the portal before settling into a dirt and cobblestone house at the south end of the island. From there on I must have played on the sever for months, as I built myself a cactus farm, explored the other spawn portals, stripped mined for days, painstakingly put together a zombie pigmen farm, and many more memories that I still remember today. I also dabbled a little in PvP and held a grudge with a couple players (who's names I can't recall), it was especially exciting to look at the livemap and seeing them close in on me while I tried my best to prepare for the imminent fight with splash potions. Then the 1.7 update came and brought new biomes like the mesa and the flower forest, and I vividly remember traveling to the new undiscovered land at the edges of the world by boat, and setting up a little summer home with the new flowers and blocks.

Fortunately, I had an earlier nostalgia trip a few years ago that led me to download the first world after it had closed, and I found it still sitting there on my old computer's desktop a couple years later. However, when I booted up the world and started walking (flying) through all the places that created my wonderful memories of playing on Spacebug SMP six years ago, something felt off. Then I realized that the one thing that bothered me the most (besides no players being in the world but me) is the silent chat window. The chat window is the one thing that almost always accompanied me while I was on the server, with ongoing conversations between everyone online and auction bids that constantly refreshed. I still remember the joy I felt when I got good enchantment on picks and swords and sold them in the auction system. When I strolled through the world recently, the bottom left corner of the map felt oddly empty and it brought a sense of melancholy akin to visiting my old schools --- while the classrooms (and sever builds) are still there, it's no where near the same as when recognizable friends and regulars were there with you all those years ago.

It seems like there are still some people who are trying to find downloads to old worlds, since the links posted in the old forum topics are long dead. So I wanted to share the download for the 1st SMP World, so that those trying to relive their good memories from six years ago will get the chance to do so. The portals don't work anymore, obviously, so I suggest downloading a world map mod for navigating to the places where your memories are created.

SMPWorld 1 Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zt1s9YT09Z6RwBsKqp4oRwAbrnAW0-8Z

Special shout out to Strawberry_Rose of the SE island, who gave me stacks of blocks for my house when I was settling into the island and visited me now and then to look at my new builds. Also a huge thank you to Spacebug and 10bejca for creating and maintaining this special place that allowed me to create and relive all these wonderfully melancholy memories.

Lastly, if anyone have the download to World 2 (PvE I think?) please share it, I had a homey little tree house in that world that I would love to return to.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 204

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

hairbear01: 562

Dokter_Shade: 394

Mertokile92: 389

SIR_TARDISALOT: 383

Justywusty87: 363

kenneth4655: 287

brotherbud: 232

Pimoost: 189

zanduh: 188

Koolflamez: 177

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 1654

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 15

Topics: 2929

Newest Members:

llMrXll, Zeitheus, Courtnvyy, Franciscof, Ramonn, BenjaminK, FrederickAb, JanTax, Carlosj, SamEJ

Moderators: [Mod] The_Marauder: 284, [Mod] TheBugBread: 52, [Mod] Blobuscus: 210, [Mod] RKKC: 235

Administrators: [Owner] Spacebug: 595, [Admin] 10becja: 1922